Robotic Process Automation
Harnessing the potential of a digital workforce
Robotic Process Automation is a form of technology which emulates the human execution of repetitive processes, for example the processing of purchase invoices, or booking outpatient appointments. The technology is system and software agnostic, and can therefore interact with an organisation’s different applications in the same way that a human can. Although the use of the technology is relatively widespread in the private sector, adoption by NHS organisations has been relatively low up until now. However, the NHS Long Term Plan includes the goal that “all core transnational services, such as processing invoice payments, will be automated over the next five years.” This goal is included in the Long Term Plan because of the considerable benefits which RPA has to offer, including substantial financial savings and reduction in error rates. SCL has teamed with its technology partner Codebase8 to offer a full suite of RPA services, including the following:
- implementation of RPA Pilot which will provide a ROI, together with support for preparation of Business Case for wider implementation, including assessment of scale of benefits to be delivered through wider adoption;
- advice on pros and cons of the major RPA tools available across the market;
- implementation support, including process capture, software development, User Acceptance Testing, and ‘go live’ launch;
- ongoing support to the virtual workforce, including development support for evolving business processes; and
- training and support for your IT and business users, with the goal of achieving self-sufficiency.
Our preferred approach is to train your teams so that your organisation is in control of its virtual workforce, with minimal reliance on external software developers and other consultancy support. Please get in touch if you would like to have an initial discussion on the potential benefits of RPA, and how these benefits can be harnessed for your organisation.
Get in Touch
Find out more about our solutionsContact Us